Wednesday 23 November 2011

Amelia Lily's Diabetes Fear

Amelia Lily's Diabetes Fear

'The X Factor' star Amelia Lily fears diabetes could leave her blind, and has to inject insulin four times a day to counteract it.

'The X Factor' star Amelia Lily fears diabetes could leave her blind.

The 17-year-old singer was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes - a condition whereby sufferers have low blood sugar levels - aged three and has to inject herself with insulin daily.

She told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: "I need four injections a day and I've had it for 14 years now.

"It's just become a daily routine but I still need to be careful.


"It is serious and I could end up going blind if I have too many high blood sugars."

Amelia - who was sent home by mentor Kelly Rowland after the first live final, but voted back into the competition last week after Frankie Cocozza was axed - also has to adjust the amount she takes to counteract the adrenalin rush of appearing on the programme, which could potentially send her into a diabetes-induced coma.

She said: "I used to have fits when I was younger. I have to be careful with my bloods and adrenalin uses a lot of energy, so I need to decrease my insulin before I perform. It's hard to get the balance right but I always decrease my insulin just before performing to be safe."

Amelia performed Aretha Franklin's 'Think' on last night's (19.11.11) show, and admitted she has been nervous about coming back to the show aftermissing five weeks of live finals.

She added: "I'm feeling the pressure now because I've gone from not being in the show any more to being the favourite to win.

"It's hard to handle, there's a lot of stress and pressure.

"And you have your doubts but I'm a strong person and you have to be to be inthe music industry."

No comments:

Post a Comment